Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stalkers?

Over the years I've had a few stalkers.  I'm not writing about my latest tonight.  He's completely another story. LOL ...

So... 7ish years ago, I was randomly contacted by a woman on yahoo messenger.  To this day, I'm really not sure how she found me...but she seemed nice at first.  I guess they all seem nice at first.  I'll call her Chatty Kathy (to protect the innocent, of course)  So I get an IM from Mrs. Chatty Kathy on yahoo messenger and she says she's looking for new friends.  Now that I think back, she may have found me on a penpal site.  (I used to write snail mail to over 10 people on a weekly basis, and I think she saw me there)

She was ...well.. Chatty.  Within 2 hours I knew her life story.  She talked about hair a lot.  How much she loved hair.. in fact sometimes our conversations went as follows:

      Chatty: So, I see that you have long, long HAIR.
      Chatty: I love long hair.
      Chatty: HAIRHAIRHAIR :)
      Me: yeah, it's about midback now.
      Chatty: OHHH I LOVE HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Chatty: Can you say that word for me?
      Me: .....? What word?
      Chatty: HAIR!
      Me: .................hair?
      Chatty: OMG I LOVE HAIR, really long hair. I love to play with it, rub it, wrap myself up in it.. I LOVE HAIR! Do you think we could meat some time and you would let me brush and pet your really really long HAIR??
     Me: ............

Well..... you get the point.  Sure, we talked about other stuff.  Her marriage..my marriage.. religious beliefs, sexual preference.. About a month later she was sort of freaking me out with all the hair talk.  I avoided her as much as possible.  Just seeing her name log onto Yahoo Messenger kinda gave me a queasy feeling in my tummy.  ...but at the time Dave was in jail and I didn't have many friends, or anyone to talk to during the day. So, I talked with Chatty Kathy.

I tried to keep her contained to Yahoo Messenger.  Google can be a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, Mrs. Chatty used it to track down every profile I have ever had online and friend requested them all.  She somehow managed to track down my phone number, and even tried calling me a few times.  At one point, I had a paid adult site.  You had to pay money to access it.  Quite a bit of money actually.  It was pretty awkward when she found me there, but then it freaked me out when she became a paid subscriber to my site.    I had no clue how to handle her.  I was polite, and eventually ended up changing servers and sites to keep her away.  I deleted and blocked her from my yahoo messenger, icq, and MSN.  It was a few years before I heard from her again.

Within the past year, she's managed to find me on Facebook.  Being the person I am, (too nice to people) I added her.  She still goes on and on about how we met one time on accident at a Pilot station years and years ago, and how she can't wait to hang out again, and about how she wants to touch and play with my hair...but I am able to keep her at arms length for the most part.

There's a guy from work that I hang out with every so often.  He's pretty cool, but there is part of me that is terrified that I'm coming off like Mrs. Chatty Kathy to him.  I'm always terrified that I'm overstaying my welcome, and I feel incredibly awkward half the time I'm there.  He's one of the first guys that I'm not terrified to look in the eyes, and actually talk to.  He doesn't bleed into my nightmares like every other guy I know.. (another story....another time) and there is no sexual tension with him at all (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he's not attractive...he is, but he doesn't freak me out like most guys do on that level).  I really like the fact that I met a guy who I actually like, that I can just be myself for.  I don't have to second guess everything he does, or says.  I don't think he's always completely honest with me, because I've asked if I make him nervous (in my mind wondering if I make him feel like Mrs. Chatty Kathy made/makes me feel) and I'll see something pass over his eyes for a second before he says no.  (Possibility that I'm just imagining it.. lol..who knows.) I can say that he's one of the better friends I've ever had.  I just hope that somewhere, deep down he's not just being too nice to me.

...to be continued...

No comments: